Tuesday, 12.12.2017 · 07:14
 
     
  You are here:   Company & brands   /   Schuco  
 

schuco_logo (GIF)

Schuco has sold more than 100 million toys during its 100-year history. In the meantime, many of these children's toys have become valuable collectors' items and now take pride of place in glass display cases. The majority of these replica model cars and figures are still handmade.

 

THE SCHUCO STORY

1912: Businessman Heinrich Schreyer founds the toy-making firm Schreyer & Co. in partnership with toolmaker Heinrich Müller in Nuremberg. They produce lead models.

1913: Running "tip-tap dogs" create a minor sensation on the toy market.

1914: First appearance of the walking "Automato", which 50 years later serves as a model for robots.

1920: Müller is still inventing futuristic mechanics and applying for innumerable patents – such as the "Acrobato", a lead acrobat that does somersaults.

1936: The first miniature cars appear: the legendary "turning car" and the Mercedes Silver Arrow.

MID-1950S: Zinc diecasting and plastic sweep the toy market.

1976: The firm files for bankruptcy. Several changes of ownership follow.

1999: Schuco is taken over by the SIMBA DICKIE GROUP.

SINCE 1999: Schuco has concentrated on zinc diecast models and is once again setting standards in this field.

2004: The range is extended to include 1:18 scale models.

2008: The firm begins production of 1:32 models of agricultural machinery.

2009: Introduction of Schucotronic 2.4 Ghz technology.

2012: Schuco celebrates its 100th anniversary.

2013: Launch of the PRO.R32 series featuring exquisitely designed 1:32 scale resin models.

2014: Scale 1:64 added to the range and launch of the PRO.R18 series of resin models at a scale of 1:18.